Hotel Apeldoorn - de Cantharel is open
Van der Valk Hotel Apeldoorn - de Cantharel is (partly) open and applies stricter measures. We would like to ask you to take these measures into account to ensure your health and that of our employees. We hope to welcome you soon for a safe and comfortable stay at Hotel Apeldoorn - de Cantharel.
Thank you for understanding and trust in our hotel.
View our taken measures
The facilities in our hotels are limited available to prevent too many people being in the same places at the same time. Unfortunately it is not yet possible to use our facilities as an outside guest until 1 July.
Hotel overnight stays
The hotel will reopen from May 20. Overnight stays can only be booked as a package offer.
- Do you have a cold, such as a cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
- Check-in is from 3 PM daily. It is not possible to check in earlier. Upon arrival, you can use the intercom to access the hotel lobby. We can receive up to 10 guests at the same time in the lobby.
- A maximum of one person per room is allowed at check-in at our hotel reception.
- Payment in the entire hotel is only allowed by debit or credit card. We no longer accept cash.
Restaurant & hotel bar
The restaurant and the hotel bar are - according to guidelines from the RIVM and the safety retion- only open to hotel guests who spend the night in our hotel.
- The restaurant is open exclusively for overnight guests.
- A breakfast buffet is served for breakfast. Of course according to all hygiene rules and with limited accessibility in terms of number of people. You are invited per table to use the buffet.
- For lunch we present an adapted menu and it is also possible to compose a packed lunch from the breakfast buffet for a fee.
- For dinner it is possible to use the dinner buffet. Again, this is presented according to all hygiene rules and there is limited accessibility in terms of number of people. You are invited per table to use the buffet.
- Our restaurant Huisje James is also open to hotel guests. Here it is possible to choose a 4, 5 or 6 course dinner. This is also possible for an additional fee from your hotel package.
- The terraces will be open to hotel guests from 1 June.
- Room service is available with a limited range.
- The hotel bar is open to hotel guests daily from 20:00.
- We ask you to wait 1.5 meters apart until our host shows you a table.
- Keep 1.5 meters away. Both to our employees and to other guests.
Spa & Wellness
The swimming pool and wellness garden are open to hotel guests. You can visit these spaces by booking in advance. At check-in you will be informed of the available times and we can immediately plan a visit for you. In these areas, too, stricter protocols apply for cleaning and hygiene.
- The swimming pool & wellness garden are exclusively open to hotel guests with overnight accommodation.
- Coffee and water are free to use in the pool. It is not possible to order other drinks and snacks here.
- The spa, saunas, (outdoor) showers, fitness and beauty salon are closed.
- Keep 1.5 meters away. Both to our employees and to other guests
't Buitenhuisje is open for information on cycling, walking and riding routes and the rental of (electric) bicycles.
- We do not offer carriage rides and covered wagon rides for the time being, because we cannot guarantee the 1.5 meter distance here.
- Also keep 1.5 meters away in this limited space. Both to our employees and to other guests.
Hotel guests can use the horse hotel again. Due to the limited space and the chance of group formation, the log cabin will remain closed for the time being.
- The log cabin will remain closed to guests of the horse hotel for the time being. Drinks and snacks can be enjoyed in the restaurants.
- The terrace at the horse hotel and the log cabin is open from 1 June in accordance with the 1.5 meter guidelines. Snacks and drinks are not served here.
- Loading and unloading the trailer is still possible on the ankle, but parking is now possible on the paved parking lot.
Safe and comfortable
At Van der Valk, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees has the highest priority. In order to guarantee your health and safety, we would like to ask you to observe the following policy during your visit to our hotel:
- Follow indicated walking direction and hygiene measures
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless
Do you have symptons of a cold, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
We do everything we can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your confidence in Van der Valk and we hope to welcome you in our hotel soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our reception.
With hospitable regards,
The Van der Valk family
Frequently asked questions
Can Van der Valk be open as a hotel and restaurant?
Yes, according to government guidelines it is allowed to be open as a hotel. Food and beverage outlets in the restaurant for our hotel guests may be open. The Live Cooking buffet restaurants are only open, because in this way we can best deal with the hygiene rules to ensure your health.
Is visiting a Van der Valk hotel safe?
Van der Valk takes your health and that of the employees very seriously. We have tightened measures within the hotel so that this can be guaranteed. All Van der Valk hotels are furnished according to the guidelines of the RIVM. As a hotel, we do everything we can to keep risks to a minimum.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant facilities?
Yes, as a hotel guest you can use the restaurant. We use stricter measures here to make your visit to our restaurant as safe as possible. The Live Cooking buffet restaurants are only open, because in this way we can best deal with the hygiene rules to ensure your health.
Is it possible to order room service?
Yes, you can order room service from your hotel room via reception. There is an adapted menu for this that you will find in your hotel room.
What facilities are open in the hotel?
Restaurants, hotel bar, terraces (from 1 June), swimming pool, wellness garden, 't Buitenhuisje and the horse hotel (without log cabin).
Is it possible to use facilities such as renting an (electric) bicycle at the hotel?
Yes, we advise you to book this in advance and you can pick it up on the day at 't Buitenhuisje.
Can I cancel or change my booking?
Yes, you can cancel or change your reservation free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Can I change my booking on the day of arrival if I have a cold or cough?
Yes, you can contact us and look at the possibility to move the booking. If this is not possible, we are forced to pass on 70% of the booking costs.