Hotel Apeldoorn - de Cantharel is open
Van der Valk Hotel Apeldoorn - de Cantharel is (partly) open and applies stricter measures. We would like to ask you to take these measures into account to ensure your health and that of our employees. We hope to welcome you soon for a safe and comfortable stay at Hotel Apeldoorn - de Cantharel.
Thank you for understanding and trust in our hotel.
View our taken measures
The facilities in our hotels are limited available to prevent too many people being in the same places at the same time.
Hotel overnight stays
The hotel is open.
- Do you have a cold, such as a cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
- Check-in is from 3 PM daily. It is not possible to check in earlier. Upon arrival, you can use the intercom to access the hotel lobby. We can receive up to 10 guests at the same time in the lobby.
- A maximum of one person per room is allowed at check-in at our hotel reception.
- Payment in the entire hotel is only allowed by debit or credit card. We no longer accept cash.
Restaurant & hotel bar
The restaurants and the hotel bar are open.
- A breakfast buffet is served for breakfast. Of course according to all hygiene rules and with limited accessibility in terms of number of people.
- For lunch we present an adapted menu and it is also possible to compose a packed lunch from the breakfast buffet for a fee.
- For dinner it is possible to use the dinner buffet. Again, this is presented according to all hygiene rules and there is limited accessibility in terms of number of people.
- Our restaurant Huisje James is also open to hotel guests. Here it is possible to choose a 4, 5 or 6 course dinner. This is also possible for an additional fee from your hotel package.
- The terraces will be open to hotel guests from 1 June.
- Room service is available with a limited range.
- The hotel bar is open to hotel guests daily from 19:00.
- We ask you to wait 1.5 meters apart until our host shows you a table.
- Keep 1.5 meters away. Both to our employees and to other guests.
Spa & Wellness
The swimming pool, wellness garden and fitness are open to hotel guests. In these areas, too, stricter protocols apply for cleaning and hygiene.
- The swimming pool & wellness garden and saunas are exclusively open to hotel guests with overnight accommodation.
- Coffee and water are free to use in the pool. It is not possible to order other drinks and snacks here.
- The beauty salon is open on Friday and Saturday from the 17th of July.
- Keep 1.5 meters away. Both to our employees and to other guests
't Buitenhuisje is open for information on cycling, walking and riding routes and the rental of (electric) bicycles.
Hotel guests can use the horse hotel and the log cabin.
Safe and comfortable
At Van der Valk, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees has the highest priority. In order to guarantee your health and safety, we would like to ask you to observe the following policy during your visit to our hotel:
- Follow indicated walking direction and hygiene measures
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless
Do you have symptons of a cold, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
We do everything we can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your confidence in Van der Valk and we hope to welcome you in our hotel soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our reception.
With hospitable regards,
The Van der Valk family
Frequently asked questions
Can Van der Valk be open as a hotel and restaurant?
Yes, according to government guidelines it is allowed to be open as a hotel. Food and beverage outlets in the restaurant for our hotel guests may be open. The Live Cooking buffet restaurants are only open, because in this way we can best deal with the hygiene rules to ensure your health.
Is visiting a Van der Valk hotel safe?
Van der Valk takes your health and that of the employees very seriously. We have tightened measures within the hotel so that this can be guaranteed. All Van der Valk hotels are furnished according to the guidelines of the RIVM. As a hotel, we do everything we can to keep risks to a minimum.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant facilities?
Yes, as a hotel guest you can use the restaurant. We use stricter measures here to make your visit to our restaurant as safe as possible. The Live Cooking buffet restaurants are only open, because in this way we can best deal with the hygiene rules to ensure your health.
Is it possible to order room service?
Yes, you can order room service from your hotel room via reception. There is an adapted menu for this that you will find in your hotel room.
What facilities are open in the hotel?
Restaurants, hotel bar, terraces, swimming pool, wellness garden, sauna's, 't Buitenhuisje and the horse hotel (with log cabin).
Is it possible to use facilities such as renting an (electric) bicycle at the hotel?
Yes, we advise you to book this in advance and you can pick it up on the day at 't Buitenhuisje.
Can I cancel or change my booking?
Yes, you can cancel or change your reservation free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Can I change my booking on the day of arrival if I have a cold or cough?
Yes, you can contact us and look at the possibility to move the booking. If this is not possible, we are forced to pass on 70% of the booking costs.